"how to organize python modules for pypi to support 2.x and 3.x" Code Answer
Answers related to “how to organize python modules for pypi to support 2.x and 3.x”
- How to define dimens.xml for every different screen size in android?
- How to pretty-print a numpy.array without scientific notation and with given precision?
- How to wait in bash for several subprocesses to finish and return exit code !=0 when any subprocess ends with code...
- How to loop over files in directory and change path and add suffix to filename
- How to join two dataframes for which column values are within a certain range?
- How to load all modules in a folder?
- How to use Python to login to a webpage and retrieve cookies for later usage?
- How to use Python requests to fake a browser visit a.k.a and generate User Agent?
- How to use support FileProvider for sharing content to other apps?
- How to add group labels for bar charts in matplotlib?
- How to list imported modules?
- How to fix installation issues for PyAudio, PortAudio: “fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'portaudio.h':...
- How to install python modules without root access?
- How to initialize a dict with keys from a list and empty value in Python?
- What is the most compatible way to install python modules on a Mac?
- How to isolate everything inside of a contour, scale it, and test the similarity to an image?
- Shipping Python modules in pyspark to other nodes
- How to click on Load More button within Google Trends and print all the titles through Selenium and Python
- How to use an image for the background in tkinter?
- How to put individual tags for a scatter plot
- How to get value counts for multiple columns at once in Pandas DataFrame?
- How to check a string for specific characters?
- How to scrape a website which requires login using python and beautifulsoup?
- VSCode — how to set working directory for debug
- How to solve ReadTimeoutError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.python.org', port=443) with pip?
- How to use digit separators for Python integer literals?
- how to set “camera position” for 3d plots using python/matplotlib?
- How to understand numpy strides for layman?
- How to use python numpy.savetxt to write strings and float number to an ASCII file?
- How to download a file from Google Drive using Python and the Drive API v3
- How to add “Android Design Support Library” to Eclipse with ADT-plugin?
- How to specify install order for python pip?
- UnicodeDecodeError in Python when reading a file, how to ignore the error and jump to the next line?
- How to have multiple conditions for one if statement in python
- How to get pixel coordinates for Matplotlib-generated scatterplot?
- How to keep tkinter button on same row as label and entry box
- How do you organize Python modules? [closed]
- How to get Kafka offsets for structured query for manual and reliable offset management?
- How to connect Python and QML with PySide2?
- How to set initial size for a dictionary in Python?
- How to increase node spacing for networkx.spring_layout
- How to use Python Pandas Stylers for coloring an entire row based on a given column?
- How to create a legend for 3D bar in matplotlib?
- How to install numpy+mkl for python 2.7 on windows 64 bit?
- TensorFlow 2.0 Keras: How to write image summaries for TensorBoard
- Python: How to NOT wait for a thread to finish to carry on?
- How to check if variable is string with python 2 and 3 compatibility
- Python: How to run unittest.main() for all source files in a subdirectory?
- How to use 2to3 properly for python?
- How to import custom modules in google colab?
- How to add python “libraries” to Eclypse and pydev
- How to remove a package from Pypi
- Python: how to build a dict from plain list of keys and values
- Python: How to check a string for substrings from a list?
- What are the best books and resources for learning to develop, deploy and/or host Django? [closed]
- How to use css modules with create-react-app?
- How to apply “first” and “last” functions to columns while using group by in pandas?
- How to pass a Numpy array into a cffi function and how to get one back out?
- How to use python urllib2 to send json data for login
- Python library for converting files to MP3 and setting their quality
- tensorflow: how to rotate an image for data augmentation?
- What version of Visual Studio and/or MinGW do I need to build extension modules for a given version of Python?
- How to use ES6 modules from dev tools console
- How to load an RSA key from a PEM file and use it in python-crypto
- How to write a `for` loop over bool values (false and true)
- How to enable FIPS mode for libcrypto and libssl packaged with Python?
- How to convert a for loop output to a list?
- How to fix “TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'”?
- How to reduce integration time for integration over 2D connected domains
- How to check text file for usernames and passwords
- Python - zipfile: how to set a password for a zipfile?
- How to organize a relatively large Flask application?
- How to set different levels for different python log handlers
- How to structure python packages without repeating top level name for import
- How to filter model results for multiple values for a many to many field in django
- How to redefine a color for a specific value in a matplotlib colormap
- How to use Python Pip install software, to pull packages from Github?
- How to use the same Python virtualenv on both Windows and Linux
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to find the points of intersection of a line and multiple curves in Python?
- How to make a python script which can logoff, shutdown, and restart a computer?
- How to set the margins for a matplotlib figure?
- SKLearn how to get decision probabilities for LinearSVC classifier
- How to exclude a single file from package with setuptools and setup.py
- How to write a batch file showing path to executable and version of Python handling Python scripts on Windows?
- How to set ignorecase flag for part of regular expression in Python?
- How to fill missing timestamps for Time column for a date in pandas
- How to bind keypress event for combobox drop-out menu in tkinter Python 3.7
- How to create type hinting for a generic factory method?
- How to fix getaddrinfo-failure for python on windows
- How to model many blobs for an object?
- How to add fields url for nested output fields in flask restful
- How to organize a Python Project?
- How to exit pdb and allow program to continue?
- How to project and resample a grid to match another grid with GDAL python?
- How to provide additional initialization for a subclass of namedtuple?
- How to implement Bottom Sheets using new design support library 23.2
- How to debug C extensions for Python on Windows
- How to check if a module is installed in Python and, if not, install it within the code?
- How to install a module for all users with pip on linux?
- How to set statement timeout for query execution
- How to create dropdown menu from python list using Flask and HTML
- How to turn off dropout for testing in Tensorflow?
- Using python logging from multiple modules with writing to a file and RotatingFileHandler
- How to list all scikit-learn classifiers that support predict_proba()
- How to install gi module for anaconda python3?
- How to handle missing NaNs for machine learning in python
- How to organize multiple python files into a single module without it behaving like a package?
- Python, Flask: How to set response header for all responses
- how to transform pandas dataframe for insertion via executemany() statement?
- How to use joinedload/contains_eager for query-enabled relationships (lazy='dynamic' option) in SQLAlchemy
- How to destroy Python objects and free up memory
- How to implement different levels for specific modules in Python
- How to use an async for loop to iterate over a list?
- How to pack python libs I'm using so I can distribute them with my app and have as few dependencies as possible
- How to use Python/CGI for file uploading
- How to list the names of PyPI packages corresponding to imports in a script?
- How to write code that works in both Python 2 and Python 3?
- Python at Synology, how to get Python3 modules installed and where is Python2.7 installed?
- How to get autoincrement values for a column after uploading a Pandas dataframe to a MySQL database
- How to compile Python scripts for use in FORTRAN?
- Running pytest with cython - how to compile cython modules in pytest?
- How to map a function to a triple nested list and keep the triple nested list intact?
- How to read integers from a file that are 24bit and little endian using Python?
- How to set a timeout for Input
- How to extract links from a webpage using lxml, XPath and Python?
- How to write python scrapy code for extracting url's present in sitemap of a site
- Force eclipse to reload Python modules
- How to use image and weight matrix to create adversarial images in TensorFlow?
- How to calculate the outer product of two matrices A and B per rows faster in python (numpy)?
- How to use Python to ensure a string is only numbers and then convert it to an integer
- How to draw bar charts for very small values in python or matplotlib?
- how to upload python code with libraries to aws lambda from windows local machine using aws console
- How to distinguish Python strings and docstrings in an emacs buffer?
- How to use a range for dict keys?
- How to install Python.NET for C# (VS2019) on Windows 10 and for Python 3.8?
- How to run python program in background to keep active window the same
- How to pass urls as user input to invoke through Selenium and Python?
- How to read python file using WSL?
- How to find an element with respect to the user input using Selenium and Python?
- How to apply function which returns vector to each numpy array element (and get array with higher dimension)
- How to plot a circle for each point scatter plot while each has particular radius size
- How to organize list of list of lists to be compatible with scipy.optimize fmin init array
- How to fix buttons not showing properly using Python, PyQt5, and Pyinstaller
- How to set variable precision for new python format option
- How to create a button for each element in a list and put it in a scroll-area?
- How to install Anaconda python for all users?
- How to make sphinx look for modules in virtualenv while building html?
- How to check all versions of python installed on osx and centos
- how to convert from longitude and latitude to country or city?
- How to get latest offset for a partition for a kafka topic?
- How to read a file byte by byte in Python and how to print a bytelist as a binary?
- How to pass a variable to an exception when raised and retrieve it when excepted?
- How to set same color for markers and lines in a matplotlib plot loop?
- Delphi style: How to structure data modules for unit-testable code?
- How to detect browser support for pageShow and pageHide?
- How to use import statement for custom modules in Python
- How to install SimpleJson Package for Python
- How to create request body for Python Elasticsearch mSearch
- How to generate random numbers to satisfy a specific mean and median in python?
- How to use Python 3.5 style async and await in Tornado for websockets?
- Importing Python modules for Azure Function
- How to use python-requests and event hooks to write a web crawler with a callback function?
- how to go form django image field to PIL image and back?
- How to make a Python HTTP Request with POST data and Cookie?
- How to organize python test in a way that I can run all tests in a single command?
- How to mock Python static methods and class methods
- How to optimize a nested for loop in Python
- mutagen: how to detect and embed album art in mp3, flac and mp4
- How to install graph-tool for Anaconda Python 3.5 on linux-64?
- How to speed up nested for loops in Python
- How to save pygame Surface as an image to memory (and not to disk)
- How to compile Python 2.4.6 with ssl, readline and zlib on Debian Lenny
- how to use python xml.etree.ElementTree to parse eBay API response?
- How to make py.test or nose to look for tests inside all python files?
- Python: How to plot a heatmap for coordinates with different color intensity or different radius of circles?
- how to find average salary for each job role from a file in python
- how to convert python/cython unicode string to array of long integers, to do levenshtein edit distance
- How to upload a pristine Python package to PyPI?
- How to copy and convert parquet files to csv
- how to substract two datetime.time values in django template,and how to format a duration as hour,minutes
- How to run two modules at the same time in IDLE
- How to build interactive menu for command-line application in python? [closed]
- How to use Python and HTML to build a desktop software?
- How to install python modules and dependents easily?
- How to create separate Pandas DataFrames for each CSV file and give them meaningful names?
- How to set entry point for console script with multiple command groups for Python Click?
- How to add the values for Specific days in Python Table for a given range?
- How to use TensorFlow reader and queue to read two file at same time?
- How to combine pytube and tkinter label to show progress?
- How to get process PID for manual lock mechanism in Python?
- How to access to C global variable structure by Python and ctype
- python 3: how to make strip() work for bytes
- How to split a string on whitespace and retain offsets and lengths of words
- How to set the elevation of AppBarLayout to 0
- How to get Python division by -0.0 and 0.0 to result in -Inf and Inf, respectively?
- How to convert python list of points to numpy image array?
- How to specify a local working directory for threading.Thread and multiprocessing.Pool?
- How to raise an exception for a tensorflow out of memory error?
- How to group mutliple modules into a single namespace?
- Python how to read and split a line to several integers
- How to import SSL certificates for Firefox with Selenium [in Python]?
- How to avoid excessive lambda functions in pandas DataFrame assign and apply method chains
- How to I check that a string contains only digits and / in python?
- How to limit the number of connections to a socket and trigger timeout on client (Python)
- How to wait for a spawned thread to finish in Python
- How to enable code completion for a dictionary from method in Python?
- How to run for loop on elements of a vector and change the vector inside the for loop and outside the for loop in...
- why and how to use Python's super(type1, type2)?
- Fabric in Django .How to solve view waiting for SSH to complete
- how to include python modules in linux?
- How to use python Popen with a espeak and aplay
- How to use environment modules in a ssh command line?
- How to check current date and move to next date
- Python - How to get data types for all columns in CSV file?
- How to perform read and write between Raspberry Pi 4 and Arduino Nano BLE Via Bluetooth?
- How to put an Enum into a List, using PythonNET and C#.NET?
- How to convert model in eager execution to static graph and save in .pb file?
- How to to enable sharing for the secondary axis (twiny) in python
- Android: how to the design app for Smartphone AND Tablet?
- Python: how to create many constraints for fmin_cobyla optimization using lambda functions
- How to serve ES6 modules on Safari?
- How to get the sum of all integers between m and n in a loop?
- how to redirect python's subprocess.Call methods output to a file and not console?
- how to add two or more images to the same slide in for loop python-pptx
- How to compare two columns both with list of strings and create a new column with unique items?
- How to extract text from pdfs in folders with python and save them in dataframe?
- How to find a textual description of emoticons, unicode characters and emoji in a string (python, perl)? [closed]
- How to merge month and year columns to get single mm-yyyy column?
- How to make all binary files (images) download using requests() and open()?
- How to quickly check strings for correct English words? - Python
- How to apply a LPF and HPF to a FFT (Fourier transform)
- how to create from month Gtk.Calendar a week calendar and display the notes in each day in python
- How to specify test timeout for python unittest?
- Develop an Android App to support English and Arabic "layout alignment"
- How to test exceptions with doctest in Python 2.x and 3.x?
- How to organize and run unittests and functional tests separately using nosetests
- How to organize xml data using equivalent to #region / #endregion (outlining) from C# .NET
- How to instal python packages for Spyder
- How to make Go modules semantic import versioning v2+ work with vanity import path
- How to unify Python Pyramid views for handling Ajax/html form POSTs
- how to change background color for nimbus look and feel using java
- How to keep Zero counts for pandas groupby count for 2 columns dataframe?
- How/where does Python look for modules?
- equivalent to the find coreutil command in python 3 for recursively returning all files and folders in a directory...
- How to get Beautiful Soup to get link from href and class? [closed]
- how to pass class attribute and value to markdown syntax
- How to do group by and take count of unique and count of some value as aggregate on same column in python pandas?
- How to bundle typescript files for the browser user gulp and tsproject?
Only authorized users can answer the Search term. Please sign in first, or register a free account.
i found that
httplib2seems to have an elegant way to support python 2.x and 3.x. so i decided to copy that method.
the task is to craft a single
setup.pyfor the package distribution that works with all the supported python distributions. then with the same
setup.py, you can do:
as well as
it should be possible to keep
setup.pysimple enough to be parsed with all the supported python distributions. i've successfully done so with a package
cobsthat supports 2.4 through 2.6 as well as 3.1. that package includes pure python code (separate code for python 2.x and 3.x) and c extensions, written separately for 2.x and 3.x.
to do it:
1) i put the python 2.x code into a
python2subdirectory, and python 3.x code in a
2) i put the c extension code for 2.x and 3.x in a
so, the directory structure is:
3) in the
setup.py, i had these lines near the top:
4) in the call to
setup, i specified the packages as normal:
5) i specified the base directory for the python code using a
package_diroption (refer to step 3 for
6) for the c extensions, i gave the path:
that was about it for
setup.pyfile is parsable by both python 2.x and 3.x.
7) finally, if you build a source distribution using:
then it will by default pull in only the files that are specifically needed to build for that python. e.g. in the above case, you would only get the files under
python2in the source distribution, but not those under
python3. but for a complete source distribution, you want to include the files for both 2.x and 3.x. to do that, create a
manifest.infile that contains something like this:
to see what i did, see the
cobssource code on pypi or bitbucket.