"how to remove a directory in docker?" Code Answer
Answers related to “how to remove a directory in docker?”
- How to [recursively] Zip a directory in PHP?
- How do I remove a directory that is not empty?
- How to restart apache2 without terminating docker container?
- How to walk a directory recursively returning the full path in PHP?
- How to retrive a directory structure in an array with folder id
- How to perform a LDAP SASL bind to Active Directory using GSS-API mech in PHP from Windows?
- How to access host port from docker container
- How to exclude a directory in find . command
- How to run a cron job inside a docker container?
- How do you get a list of the names of all files present in a directory in Node.js?
- How to get a Docker container's IP address from the host
- How to create a zip archive of a directory in Python?
- How to remove list elements in a for loop in Python?
- How to remove old and unused Docker images
- How to remove illegal characters from path and filenames?
- Best way to require all files from a directory in ruby?
- How to delete a whole folder and content?
- How to remove old Docker containers
- How to find if directory exists in Python
- Mount current directory as a volume in Docker on Windows 10
- How to get the list of files in a directory in a shell script?
- How to scan a folder in Java?
- Microsoft Azure: How to create sub directory in a blob container
- How to create a temporary directory/folder in Java?
- How to remove a directory from git repository?
- How to create a directory in Java?
- How to mount host volumes into docker containers in Dockerfile during build
- Android: How to open a specific folder via Intent and show its content in a file browser?
- How to import a Python class that is in a directory above?
- How to delete files/subfolders in a specific directory at the command prompt in Windows
- How to get a path to the desktop for current user in C#?
- How to do a join in linq to sql with method syntax?
- How to do a subquery in LINQ?
- How to store a list in a column of a database table
- How to use environment variables in docker compose
- How to create a DB for MongoDB container on start up?
- How to install pdo driver in php docker image?
- How to select a directory and store the location using tkinter in Python
- How to push a docker image to a private repository
- How to continue a Docker container which has exited
- How do I set hostname in docker-compose?
- How to copy a file along with directory structure/path using python?
- How to get the newest file in a directory in php
- How to create a temporary directory in C++?
- How to access JMX interface in docker from outside?
- How to flatten a Docker image?
- How to remove white underline in a SearchView widget in Toolbar Android
- How to create a Mongo Docker Image with default collections and data?
- How to execute a script when I terminate a docker container
- How to get a list of images on docker registry v2
- How to source a script with environment variables in a docker build process?
- How to rename a directory/folder on GitHub website?
- How to get pipenv running in docker?
- How to change nginx config in amazon elastic beanstalk running a docker instance
- How to remove a too large file in a commit when my branch is ahead of master by 5 commits
- How to start apache2 automatically in a ubuntu docker container?
- How to delete a directory and its contents in (POSIX) C?
- How to use a filter to avoid a sub OU in Active Directory?
- How to remove a field from the parent Form in a subclass?
- How to define a variable in a Dockerfile?
- How to create a new docker image from a running container on Amazon?
- How to find sub-directories in a directory/folder?
- How to write a Add-in for the development enviroment: “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications”
- How to save a Docker container state
- How to set bash aliases for docker containers in Dockerfile?
- Is there any way to disable a service in docker-compose.yml
- How to open a directory in PHPStorm or IntelliJ (or any JetBrains IDE) from the command line?
- Single file volume mounted as directory in Docker
- How to remove a Static Cell from a UITableView designed in StoryBoard
- How to get a platform independent directory separator in PHP?
- How to escape a string in C#, for use in an LDAP query
- How to remove xmlns attribute of a node other than root in an XDocument?
- How to read Import Directory Table in C
- How to correctly install RVM in Docker?
- How to create a folder in C (need to run on both Linux and Windows)
- “Remove” a VOLUME in a Dockerfile
- How to remove a prefix name from every table name in a mysql database
- How to make a button that, when clicked, opens the %appdata% directory?
- How to run scala code in spark container using docker?
- c++ how to create a directory from a path
- How to remove configure volumes in docker images
- How to add a startup script to a mysql docker container?
- How to create a temporary directory?
- How to start a mongodb shell in docker container?
- How to remove docker installed using wget? [closed]
- How to create a directory using Ansible
- How to execute a Bash command only if a Docker container with a given name does not exist?
- How to debug a rails app in docker with pry?
- How to convert a Vagrant box to a Docker image
- git - how to remove empty folder and push that change?
- How to read a file in other directory in python
- How to 'Watch' only a directory in a GitHub repository?
- Ports are not available: listen tcp 0.0.0.0/50070: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden...
- How to run a docker container if not already running
- How to remove a key from a minor-mode keymap in Emacs?
- How to mount a postgresql volume using Aws EBS in Kubernete
- How to run a command once in Docker compose
- How do I distinguish a file from a directory in Perl?
- How to restrict the jenkins pipeline docker agent in specific slave?
- How do I get the size of a directory in C?
- How to check if directory 1 is a subdirectory of dir2 and vice versa
- How to clone a private git repository into a kubernetes pod using ssh keys in secrets?
- How to open a file in the parent directory in python in AppEngine?
- How to configure a Docker container to be reachable by container_ip:port from outside the host machine?
- How to push a docker image with README file to docker hub?
- How to Remove multiple items in List using RemoveAll on condition?
- How to configure a GlassFish instance running on AWS/ElasticBeanstalk/Docker?
- How to create a folder in the home directory?
- OSX How to compile a framework using GCC/G++ sitting in a current working directory or subdirectory C/C++
- Mount a volume in docker-compose conditionally
- How to start a process in the same folder as its executable
- How to fake cpu architecture in docker container?
- How to store a specific named docker volume at a specific location without changing the default?
- how to remove a version in clearcase
- How to skip a directory in awk?
- How to remove a row from a 2d array?
- Docker - How to access a volume not attached to a container?
- How to assign IPv6 address with docker-compose
- How to connect external service from docker service
- how to get current directory in java?
- Batch Script Programming — How to allow a user to select a file by number from a list of files in a folder?
- How to remove a value from a list in a Pandas dataframe?
- How to run a docker container in Azure pipeline?
- How to remove a child from from a node using jdom in java?
- How I use XDocument.Load() to get a file in the application directory
- How to remove nth element in all numpy arrays in a numpy array?
- How to use a LINQ in order to remove Min and Max value in List
- How to populate a Mysql docker container during build of another container?
- How to get list of published docker images from GCP registry programmatically
- How to restart an existing MongoDB Docker Container with a new flags to daemon
- How to remove all elements in a div after a certain div
- How to get a System.__ComObject value from Active Directory in C#
- “Can't connect to local MySQL server” in docker-compose
- How to build a docker image using cloud build with sdk, in local machine without dying trying it
- How to run 2 process in the same docker container or dyno?
- How to substitute variable value in “docker run” command
- How to remove a package in sublime text 2
- How to retry image pull in a kubernetes Pods?
- How to detect a docker daemon port
- How to quietly remove a directory with content in PowerShell
- How to install “ifconfig” command in my ubuntu docker image?
- How to remove docker completely from ubuntu 14.04
- How to obtain a list of directories within a directory, like list.files(), but instead “list.dirs()”
- How to remove multiple docker images with the same imageID?
- How to run wp cli in docker-compose.yml
- How to remove repeated elements in a vector, similar to 'set' in Python
- How to mount a directory in a Docker container to the host?
- How to get a username in Active Directory from a display name in C#?
- How to rename a directory in Mercurial and continue to track all file changes
- How to achieve a rolling update with docker-compose?
- A sane way to rename a directory in subversion working copy
- How to make volumes permanent with Docker Compose v2
- How to install a local rpm file when building docker instance?
- How to use host network for docker compose?
- How to create a directory on the internal storage upon installation of the Android application?
- How to configure nginx with multiple docker-compose.yml files?
- How to remove a directory in R?
- How to stop a deployed docker stack?
- How to pull a single image from any docker repository?
- Built in way to list directories in a directory in ruby
- How to find out if a folder exists and how to create a folder?
- How to remove a subset of a data frame in Python?
- How to copy a directory in a Makefile?
- How do I iterate through a directory in Common Lisp?
- How to remove a directory? Is os.removedirs and os.rmdir only used to delete empty directories?
- How can I create a volume for the current user home directory in docker-compose?
- How to create a queue in RabbitMQ upon startup
- How to create a Docker container of an AngularJS app?
- How to setup a Active Directory environment test?
- How to .bashrc for root in Docker
- How to update a Docker Image
- How to remove the “ .0” in a whole number when using double in java?
- Visual Studio - How to remove a reference in Release mode
- How to create a folder in Visual Studio C++ 2012
- How to rename a folder in c# which is currently opened by windows explorer
- How to run a Redis server AND another application inside Docker?
- Docker how to ADD a file without committing it to an image?
- How to bind the published port to specific eth[x] in docker swarm mode
- How to remove a lower order parameter in a model when the higher order parameters remain?
- How to init MySql Database in Docker Compose
- How to reference a file in the data directory of a Firefox extension?
- Gradle and Docker: How to run a Gradle build within Docker container?
- how to change the directory location in command prompt using C#?
- How to make HDFS work in docker swarm
- How to stream the logs in docker python API?
- How to do Active Directory authentication in Razor (cshtml)
- How to create a folder in an amazon S3 bucket using terraform
- How to make a folder/directory
- How to create a directory in Lua?
- Swift: How to expand a tilde in a path String
- How to remove duplicates from a file and write to the same file?
- how to package a docker image in a single file
- How to disable a built-in command in vim
- How to list all users in Active Directory in DropDownList Control
- gitlab-ci.yml & docker-in-docker (dind) & curl returns connection refused on shared runner
- How to get a docker container to the state: dead for debugging?
- iPhone/iOS How to load a lot of image in many folder and show in a table view?
- How to find out which user is accessing /var/run/docker.sock that will cause permission denied error
- How to access logs logged in journald using fluent-bit that's inside a docker container
- How to run a pulled images - docker
- How do named volumes work in docker?
- How to add a link_to in a select_tag with Rails/ERB?
- How to setup unit test in Docker for nodejs application?
- Read Permissions to a directory in C#
- how to include a directory in the package debuild
- How to write a Dockerfile which I can start a service and run a shell and also accept arguments for the shell?
- Traefik + Docker for Windows: Failed to create a client for docker, error: protocol not available & Provider...
- How to put a Svelte app in a docker container?
- How to access PersistentVolume files on docker-for-desktop?
- How to do a paged search on an Ldap server using Novell.Directory.Ldap.NETStandard and Simple Paged Results control?
- How to run a SonarQube analysis of .NET Core solution in a Linux container?
- How to create a file in a specific directory
- How to reference a local volume in Kind (kubernetes in docker)
- How to create redis-cluster in docker based environment
- How to setup flask-socketio in a docker container?
- How to play a sound in Actionscript 3 that is not in the same directory as the SWF?
- How to use a built-in function if its name is used by another module?
- How to let syslog workable in docker?
- How to mitigate privilege escalation in Docker Containers to secure the host FS
- How to upload a file from a Docker container that runs on Fargate to S3 bucket?
- How to use a custom windows docker container on gitlab-ci shared runner
- How to remove a folder from a repository in github?
- How to run a docker container created with go binary?
- Java: how to copy a directory but exclude some directories deep inside main directory
- New to mesos/marathon. How to deploy a new self defined docker?
- how to make a non-hardcoded URL path in docker image to call backend service?
- How to include a local language server in a dockerfile and build a docker image from it?
- mount files present in a directory in docker image with the directory in the host
- Unable to cache maven dependency in docker image
- How to remove a child node after a certain date is passed in Firebase cloud functions?
- How to debug processes running inside docker-compose with pycharm
- How to remove Zoom Button From Azure B2C in Xamarin Forms
- How to allow a range of ports in Kubernetes in containerPort variable?
- how to remove an ENV setting from a docker image
- How to access webserver running in docker container from browser?
- How to call a UDF in a linq to sql query?
- How to scan a directory with wildcard with a specific subdirectory
- can't access own directory in docker created by ADD/chown/chmod in Dockerfile
- How to create a folder using a name based on the current date in Powershell?
- How to Initialize a Collection in Dockerized Mongo DB
- How to rename a directory with wildcards in cmd
- What is the result of mounting `/var/run/docker.sock` in a Docker in Docker scenario?
- How to remove a list from a list in prolog?
- Airflow how to mount airflow.cfg in docker container
- How to access a docker image?
- Unable to mount a file with docker-compose
- How to scan a file in a different directory in java?
- How to make a single React Docker build/image to run through all environments?
- How to remove special characters in a string in Python 3?
Only authorized users can answer the Search term. Please sign in first, or register a free account.
when you can't seem to remove a directory, here are two possibilities:
docker runcreates a new container, and any changes in containers, like removing a directory, or running something that modifies the file system, are isolated from the original image, and all other containers.
docker infoto see if you are using storage driver aufs or imagemapper. to reinstall docker to use imagemapper: backup any irreplaceable, unique images to tar files, remove docker.io, install lxc-docker from the ppa as described in the official install docs and change
it is also probably an anti-pattern to commit directories and then remove them because that data may still be in there somewhere. even if it disappears from the file system, it could still be wasting space internally.
docker images are built in layers, each commit is a layer.
to see this, try
docker history <image>to see what is in your image.
the first case is deserving of a short, simple example, but it looks like you are possibly experiencing the second case.
images vs. containers and removing directories
let's create a private image called
ubuntu:14.04and, later below, try to rm -rf /opt:
let's look inside (
-tis only used here for pretty printing on one line):
now let's try to remove
/opt(usually that is optional stuff, safe to remove):
and then look inside for it, and it is still there!!! (seems like the reported problem):
docker run mystuffis used, it makes a new container from the image
if you look in the container, the changes are there:
get a tarball out and look for opt, grep it for dir beginning with opt, it isn't there!:
e9e8is particular to my run of this example. to refer to a container, you can use part of the hex string from
docker psin the first col.
now i commit the container that has the rm -rf change into a new image
and look inside a container created from noopt:
and sure enough, opt is gone!
but because docker images are in layers, distributing noopt will include /opt in an earlier historical image, so you can't keep other people from getting it back:
to get back to the layer before /opt was removed, we just need to pick out d198d... and run it
docker also has a great build system that should have been used here. whoever wrote that script should instead learn about
docker buildand write a proper dockerfile